Firenzuola, Firenze

The name of the town, meaning “little Florence”, was thought up by the historian Giovanni Villani in the 14th century, he also designed the emblem which depicts half of the symbol of Florence – the lily – and half of the symbol of the people – the red cross on a white background. The famous castle in Firenzuola was built in 1332 by the Republic of Florence to counter the expansion of the Ubaldini family.

Stanza del Sindaco, in Medieval Fortress

The room inside the medieval fortress with windows overlooking the historic square

Period: Year-round
Capacity: 10 people

Sala del Consiglio

Hall inside the former praetorian palace with windows overlooking the historic square

Period: Year-round
Capacity: 100 people

Museo della pietra serena

Hall within the historic walls of the medieval fortress

Period: Year-round
Capacity: 80 people